Re: How to get list of retired packages?

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 8:37 AM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> What is the best way to get list of retired packages in F35? I can get list of all retired packages by scanning
> dist-git. But if I want it for one release of Fedora? And I do not want to do that manually; I rather want to script it.

You can poke Pagure via the API for the presence of the dead.package
file in the "f35" branch, as you're probably aware. But PDC would have
the collection of active source packages for a release, though I'm not
sure you can get that from its API. If you can, then you can derive
the retired package set by removing the intersection of the total set
of packages from Pagure and the set of active packages in PDC.