Re: [Heads-up] Introduction of OpenSSL 3.0.0 in F36

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:26 PM Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 9:40 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, that did the trick.
> > But of course somebody built stuff during the side-tag window and now
> > it can't be pushed. *le big sigh*
>
> This seems to happen every time there is a
> large(ish) side-tag.  I do wish that (probably
> using a server side git push hook) there was
> a `fedpkg lock` command that would block
> accidental pushes for the appropriate branch
> due to various missed emails, or automated
> activities (with the corresponding `fedpkg
> unlock` of course).  Ah well, one can dream.

It's *possible*. Pagure Dist-Git[0] dynamically generates the ACLs
from PDC, so if someone wanted to work on PDC to offer an API that
could be used to temporarily close a branch until a certain date
passed or until a side-tag was merged (obviously by listening to
fedora messaging queue for it), then fedpkg could be extended to offer
"fedpkg lock" to lock rawhide branches temporarily accordingly.

The problem is that PDC has been a dead project since early 2018[1]
(just shortly after Pagure went into production at the end of 2017).
So despite being made extremely critical to our infrastructure, unless
someone has the chops to extend the codebase themselves, the other
pieces will never gain the necessary capabilities.

[0]: https://pagure.io/pagure-dist-git
[1]: https://github.com/product-definition-center/product-definition-center/commits/master