Re: per-package selinux policies [was Re: F35 3x slower boot than F34]

> Am 05.09.2021 um 17:59 schrieb Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 09:19:20AM +0200, Peter Boy wrote:
>> I think it is urgent that Fedora Council starts an initiative here (and I
>> would not hesitate to contribute, not just ask others to do something).
>
> To be clear, the request is an initiative to get more per-package SELinux
> policies?

The first target is SELinux packaging, yes. And it is strategic in nature. Potentially every Fedora package is affected. And the question is whether a structure and strategy that worked effectively at the beginning needs adjustment after years of growth.

But it radiates to other parts, especially documentation, at least technically and developmentally.

So it may be dichotomous/bifurcated?

> I think that's a good goal, but remember the Council can't assign
> work. A Council objective generally means that we recognize an initiative
> that people are already there to do as something that's strategically
> important. This might meet the "strategically important" part, but in order
> to be an initiative it needs interested people to drive and implement.
>
> If we _have_ those people, I'll be happy to support!

I was thinking of actions like you successfully did for Fedora Server and Website Revamp. An initiative to mobilize and concentrate scattered and/or idle efforts.