Re: Incorrect bodhi message "This update's test gating status has been changed to 'failed'."

On Thu 2 Sep 2021, 18:27 Michael Catanzaro, <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

In https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-7558b7e7fc I
received a message from bodhi:

"""
This update's test gating status has been changed to 'failed'.
"""

However, no tests actually failed yet, and the gating status is
adjusted to "waiting" immediately after.

This is a regression from the recent change to enable test gating in
bodhi. I remember complaining on this list at the time the change was
implemented, but apparently nothing happened. Please revert all this
gating stuff until it can be done without leaving inaccurate comments
on the updates!

Gating is optional so it shouldn't be causing an issue directly for those who haven't opted in

I should not receive any emails telling me that tests
have failed unless some test has actually failed.

Agreed, go ahead and file it as a bug on the Bodhi tracker and we can take a look at it
Thanks.

Michael