Re: are s390x builders overloaded? Or have they been reconfigured?

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 12:35 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 10:26:22AM -0400, Kaleb Keithley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My two most recent ceph builds on s390x have been oom killed.
>
> As recently as four days ago they were building fine.
>
> Any ideas?

Nothing has changed with them recently.

We do have some more resources for the kvm lpar though.
I'm going to probibly redo them and rebalance disk/cpus/memory at some
point, but it will be after beta at least now.

In the mean time we may be able to double their memory in the short term
(from 10GB to 20GB). I'll try and get that pushed out soon...

I hope that's enough. I dropped from 12 to 6 threads and I still hit over 90% memory usage at one point, now on the plus side, that includes a full gnome desktop and Chrome with multiple tabs, on the down side, I still had about 50% of my zram swap still paged from the previous build attempt, but it did complete.

Thanks,
Richard