Re: Kernel thermal configuration issues in laptop

Hi,

is thermald.service active and running on that machine?

If yes, could you please edit the command line of the systemd unit to
include --loglevel=debug and grab some logs[1]?

Ideally both of a "bad" and "good" case.

Obviously, we shouldn't be running into a critical temperature
situation where the laptop simply shuts down. But I am not sure whether
this is some misconfiguration or if thermald might be reacting too
slowly for some reason.

A good next step is likely to raise the issue with the thermald
upstream and include the logs.

Benjamin

[1] You can also stop the service and simply run thermald manually as
root. Maybe you find that more convenient. i.e. something like:
  thermald --no-daemon --loglevel=debug --adaptive