Re: PSA: gtk-rs 0.14 updates landing in rawhide later this week

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 1:41 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Over the past few days, I've been working on getting the gtk-rs stack updated
> to the latest versions. This includes the Rust bindings for GLib, GTK,
> GStreamer, WebKit2GTK, some other GNOME / GObject libraries, and two apps,
> image-roll and newsflash.
>
> Some packages that have not been ported to the new versions of the stack and
> which are no longer used by any other Fedora package will be retired. Due to
> this fact, the high number of interdependent packages that need to be updated
> and built in order, and the infeasibility of creating 20-30 compat packages for
> the old gtk-rs 0.10 versions of those libraries, this change will only be pushed
> to rawhide. I plan to have everything built and submitted before the f35 branch
> point next week.
>
> Test builds of all packages can be seen in a COPR (ignore the F34 builds):
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/decathorpe/gtk-rs/monitor/
>
> The updates I'm planning to submit via side-tag to rawhide are, in order:
>
> - rust-system-deps 3.2.0
> - rust-dav1d-sys 0.3.4
> - rust-glib-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-cairo-sys-rs 0.14.0
> - rust-gobject-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-glib-macros 0.14.0
> - rust-glib 0.14.0
> - rust-javascriptcore-rs 0.14.0
> - rust-cairo-rs 0.14.1
> - rust-gstreamer-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-muldiv 1.0.0
> - rust-num-bigint0.3
> - rust-num-bigint 0.4.0
> - rust-num-rational0.3
> - rust-num-rational 0.4.0
> - rust-gstreamer 0.17.1
> - rust-gstreamer-base-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-base 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-audio-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-array-init 2.0.0
> - rust-gstreamer-audio 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-video-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-video 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-player-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-player 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-pbutils-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-pbutils 0.17.0
> - rust-atk-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-atk 0.14.0
> - rust-pango-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-pango 0.14.0
> - rust-pangocairo-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-pangocairo 0.14.0
> - rust-gio-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-soup-sys (patches for 0.14.0 release submitted to upstream)
> - rust-gio 0.14.0
> - rust-gstreamer-editing-services-sys 0.17.0
> - rust-gstreamer-editing-services 0.17.0
> - rust-ostree-sys 0.8.1
> - rust-ostree 0.12.1
> - rust-gdk-pixbuf-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-gdk-pixbuf 0.14.0
> - rust-gdk-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-gdk 0.14.0
> - rust-gtk-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-gtk 0.14.0
> - rust-webkit2gtk-sys 0.14.0
> - rust-webkit2gtk 0.14.0
> - rust-libhandy-sys 0.8.0
> - rust-libhandy 0.8.0
> - rust-news-flash 1.2.1 + patches
> [...]

A few bug reports and pull requests to upstream later, all updates are
now pushed to rawhide:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-bd9117c22c

rust-gspell, rust-gspell-sys, rust-gtk-source-sys, rust-sourceview,
and rust-letter-avatar are retired in rawhide.
They are unused in Fedora and have not been ported to gtk-rs 0.14
upstream, or upstream project is inactive.
I did not retire rust-msgbox, since the package was created only very
recently, and it already supports gtk-rs 0.14 in upstream's
development branch.

As mentioned in the previous email, these changes will be rawhide /
f35-and-later only.
Let me know if there are any unexpected issues (the #fedora-rust IRC
channel is a good place to ask).

Fabio