Re: KOJI armv7hl builders out of resources

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 03:24:18PM +0200, Michal Schorm wrote:
> Thank you for the suggestions.
> I'll test reducing the debuginfo.
>
> However I still believe something else is in play, as such errors are
> normally very rare.
> The package has already been built without issues; it was the F35 mass
> rebuild which only bumped release, after which I noticed the FTBFS.
>
> I also maintain a mysql module based on the same code. That's a lot of
> builds already, so I would likely spot build issues, if they would
> occur often.
>
> Is there a way to check how much resources the KOJI build actually consumed ?

The only recent change in builders was moving them to f34.
That was in early April. Since then they have only had normal f34
updates.

You can see the hardware stats of the builder in the hw_info.log file
thats next to build.log/root.log in koji. So for example, the
community-mysql mass rebuild failure has:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/6534/72336534/hw_info.log

sigh.

Yes, stupidly they updated to the normal kernel before the last reboot.
So, they only see 3GB of their 40GB memory. :(

I'll fix and reboot them today. I have no idea why this wasn't seen
before now. I guess it shows that they are not really memory bound
normally. :(

kevin