Re: Bad checkout problem after mass rebuild?

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 9:53 PM Elliott Sales de Andrade <quantum.analyst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 21:12, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can see my commit in the log but it's not actually "there":
>
> commit 49efbd8bc23b44e5bdf417a96ef174c31ccca359 (HEAD -> rawhide, origin/rawhide, origin/HEAD)
> Author: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Sun Aug 1 19:57:58 2021 -0500
>
>     Bump release for bad mass rebuild commit.
>
> But this does not show here even though I've pushed it:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freeimage/commits/rawhide
>
> WTF?!?!?

Your 'origin' remote points to your fork, which does contain the commit:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/hobbes1069/rpms/freeimage/c/49efbd8bc23b44e5bdf417a96ef174c31ccca359?branch=rawhide

You've never pushed to the 'real' repo, and presumably your rawhide
branch was tracking your fork, so when you pulled, you only pulled
from your fork as well, which never would have the releng commits
without intervention.

Whoops. I had forgotten I had initially tried a fork approach on a few packages before figuring out that wasn't going to be a very good workflow for the mess that the ASWF created and decided on the PP approach.

Thanks,
Richard