Re: OpenCL quickdoc PR update (https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/356)

Hi Jatin,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 14:25:05 -0000, jatin garg via devel wrote:
> I want to give an update on this PR https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/356
> However unable to login due to either an `OpenID request was
> cancelled` or `Strange state: failure`. If anyone from the fedora team
> is here please add to this thread that the guide itself has to be
> updated constantly and that is why I am hesitant to put it in
> quickdocs now.

Are you still unable to login? I know folks had some issues but it seems
to be working fine now.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/m2il41/guide_installing_opencl_alongside_mesa_drivers/
>
> I have been editing, updating the guide with each openCL update and
> issues reported by the users. And also from the help of other people,
> one of them created copr repo to support the guide and solve a mesa
> 21.1.1 + bug with OpenCL
> (https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/rmnscnce/amdgpu-pro-shims/)
> which tricks AMDGPU-PRO OpenCL to use Mesa libraries. And also
> updating it according to software specific issues.

I think adding the first version of the doc takes a bit of work, but
updating it should be easier. How often do you think the docs need
updating?

If it's *very* frequent, then yes, docs aren't the correct place for the
information. A wiki page would work much better. Would you like to set
that up instead? You can then change it as frequently as you wish.

> Keeping this in mind it will be hard to reach community quicker in a
> PR environment. For example solution to people facing instant issues
> due to an update must be reflected in the guide quickly.

In a volunteer community, the speed of response really depends on how
many folks are working on or using a particular
issue/topic/tool/whatever. I'd love to help here, for example, but I
know nothing about this stuff, so I can't review the PR either.

> The PR itself can be closed accordingly.

I'll close that now.

--
Thanks,
Regards,