Re: Fedora Goals -- LSB-compliant/ideal init for FC5+

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Razvan Corneliu C.R. Vilt (razvan.vilt@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
I hate to be the bad guy over here, but what about something similar with SMF from Solaris.

License?

Bill

Good point. But based on the docs on the internet, we could implement something similar in functionality. They kinda had the same problems that we are facing right now. I suspect that it should be soon covered by the CDDL Licence, provided the imminent OpenSolaris release. Although not GPL, I think that it's good enough to be included in Fedora Core, due to it's Mozilla Public Licence heritage diff at http://www.sun.com/cddl/CDDL_MPL_redline.pdf and FAQ at http://www.opensolaris.org/faq/licensing_faq.html and licence at http://www.opensolaris.org/license/cddl_license.txt.

Cheers,
Razvan