Re: F35 Change: Rebase firewalld to upstream v1.0.0 (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:57:46PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/firewalld-1.0.0
>
> == Summary ==
> Firewalld upstream is about to release v1.0.0. As indicated by the
> major version bump this includes behavioral changes.

A major new version sounds good… New features look nice…

but can can we please stop using the term "rebase"?
The Change page is directed at the wider community, and
"package rebase" is an obscure packaging term that is likely just
confusing to users. Also, it doesn't really make sense anymore, for
a great majority of packages, because we don't have dozens of patches
and non-upstreamable tweaks in most packages. So there is no "rebase"
in the update. And we have an "upstream first" policy too, so there
is no need to underline the fact that it's an "upstream version".
There is and should not be any other version. Just say:

   Update firewalld to version 1.0.0

</rant over>

Zbyszek