Re: F35 Change: Golang 1.17 (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 6/28/21 6:57 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/golang1.17

== Summary ==
Rebase of Golang package to upcoming version 1.17 in Fedora 35,
including the rebuild of all dependent packages(the pre-release
version of Go will be used for the rebuild if released version will
not be available at the time of the mass rebuild).

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:alexsaezm| Alejandro Sáez Morollón]], [[User:Jcajka|
Jakub Čajka]]
* Email: asm@xxxxxxxxxx, jcajka@xxxxxxxxxx

Won't we have a problem since 1.17 is deprecating the gopath way to use Go modules instead. We didn't manage to port our macros to Go modules due to Nicolas Mailhot being MIA since last year, and even if we manage that, I personally won't have the time to rebuild the entire ecosystem. I'm already have problems dealing with all the updates, while taking care of the Package Reviews too.
Won't this break our entire Go ecosystem?

Best regards,

Robert-André