systemd unit auto-enabling question

I'm running around in circles here not getting anywhere, so maybe someone
on this list has the answer :)

I have three packages [1], lets call them
- server
- manager (Conflicts: alternative-manager)
- alternative-manager (Conflicts: manager)

The server on its own is relatively dumb, it needs a manager to function
(there are niche cases where only the server should exist). The server is
socket-activated and server.socket is enabled in the systemd presets so that
will start as part of the user session.

In the manager's .service file I have
	[Unit]
	BindsTo=server.service

	[Install]
	WantedBy=server.service

This ties it to the server and starts/stops it automatically.
But: this only happens once I *manually* run systemctl enable manager.service.

What I need is manager.service being auto-enabled at install time. How do I
get this done?

I cannot rely on it from server.service either because alternative-manager
may be installed with a different .service file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
   Peter

[1] the actual packages are pipewire, pipewire-media-session and wireplumber
but doesn't matter for the approach here