Re: Can't login with kinit using 2FA

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 01:24:58PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Dne 15. 06. 21 v 23:26 Michael Catanzaro napsal(a):
> > On Tue, Jun 15 2021 at 09:18:34 PM +0200, Dan Horák <dan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > make sure you have the fedora-packager-kerberos package installed, I
> > > suspect the last update of fedora-packager wasn't right
> >
> > Whatever is needed for Fedora kerberos to work needs to be a dependency
> > of gnome-online-accounts, since Fedora account is a supported account
> > type there. You shouldn't need to install anything extra.

Well, it depends (see below)

> > FWIW I don't have fedora-packager-kerberos installed, and kerberos is
> > still working perfectly fine for me as of today.

It depends on if you have a OTP enrolled or not.

> It depends how recent your Fedora is. Neither I had installed
> fedora-packager-kerberos up until yesterday, because the package is quite
> fresh:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fedora-packager/c/a7fde86069c3595fdaf8b7bcfe22c231f55b48de?branch=rawhide
>
> So can I uninstall it if I am using GOA?

If you do not have a OTP enrolled: yes. Everything is as it was before,
you can let GOA handle things and it will work fine.

If you DO have a OTP enrolled, GOA won't work at all and you will need
to have fedora-packager-kerberos installed and manually use 'fkinit' to
get a ticket.

I think there are plans to improve this use case in krb5 utils.
I suppose we could also see if GOA could support this case somehow and
add a dep on fedora-packager-kerberos. Where should I file that? gitlab?
Or would someone else like to do so?

kevin