Re: [HEADS UP] Fedora 35 Python 3.10 rebuilds have started in a side tag

On ma, 14 kesä 2021, Victor Stinner wrote:
Congrats, that's amazing! :-) Let's fix remaining broken packages!

Right now the biggest broken package to us (FreeIPA) is mod_wsgi which
relied on Python C API which was removed in Python 3.10. The same API
was used by uWSGI as well, so it would really be great if Python core
developers and Python maintainers team could have helped mod_wsgi/uWSGI
upstreams to migrate from the old API.

Sadly, this was only found after the fact when a side-tag was already
merged, so FreeIPA right now is broken in Fedora Rawhide.

I saw that there is some discussion and an effort to help mod_wsgi
upstream already, thank you!

Victor

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 9:52 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08. 06. 21 1:01, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 02. 06. 21 10:02, Tomas Hrnciar wrote:
>> Hello, in order to deliver Python 3.10, we are running a coordinated rebuild
>> in a side tag.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.10
>> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.10>
>>
>> If you see a "Rebuilt for Python 3.10" (or similar) commit in your package,
>> please don't rebuild it in regular rawhide.
>> If you need to, please let usknow, so we can coordinate.
>>
>> If you'd like to build the package, you should be able to build it in the
>> side tag via:
>>
>> on branch rawhide:
>> $ fedpkg build --target=f35-python
>> $ koji wait-repo f35-python --build <nvr>
>>
>> Note that it will take a while before all the essential packages are rebuilt,
>> so don't expect all your dependencies to be available right away. When in
>> trouble, ask here or on IRC (#fedora-python on Libera.Chat).
>>
>> Builds:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f35-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0
>> <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f35-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0>
>>

>> Please avoid any potentially disturbing changes in Python packages until the
>> rebuild is over.
>>
>> Thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.
>
> The side tag has been merged into Rawhide.

And we have a successful compose, so Python 3.10 is now the main Python on Rawhide.

--
Miro Hrončok
--

/ Alexander Bokovoy