Self Introduction: Odilon Junior

Hi everyone,

My name is Odilon Junior,

I want to properly introduce myself here on the devel-list. I've been using Fedora since F13, and got introduced to the distro during my freshman year in college. I always wanted to get involved in the distro community, but English was a barrier for me at that time.

In 2019 I joined Red Hat and saw this as the big opportunity to start to get involved with the Project and Community, last year when the team in i3-SIG[1] start to talk about a new Spin I knew that this would be the perfect opportunity to help with documentation and tests, the whole Sig worked the during F34 development cycle to release the Spin and it was amazing for me to see what this community can do.

I'm also introducing myself because I want to become a maintainer of a new package in Fedora/EPEL, the new package is called obal[2], there's already one version of the package in copr. This package is heavily used by the Foreman/Katello team, which I joined last month, we use it everyday in our workstations and also in our tooling, obal is a python wrapper around ansible, obal is the tool that we use to create/update/release packages for Foreman/Katello/Satellite.

I already created one build on koji to check if the build would pass for F34, obal[4] and python-obsah[5]. I'm uploading the 2 spec files to one repo on github[6].

1 - https://pagure.io/projects/i3-sig/%2A
2 - https://github.com/theforeman/obal
3 - https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ekohl/obal/
4 - https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=69896768