Re: question about RedHat/Fedora and the GPL

condition terminal wrote:

On 6/6/05, Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 16:26 +1200, condition terminal wrote:
OK, firstly, I am sorry if I am miss understanding the text of the GPL.

The part I am questioning is this:

---QUOTE---
complete source code means all the source code for all modules it
contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the
scripts used to control compilation and installation of the
executable.
--END--QUOTE---

should this not mean that the likes of "beehive" be distributed?
Am I barking up the wrong tree and completely missing the point?
yes. All the scripts needed to control the compilation and installation
of the executable is in the src.rpm perfectly fine.
OK then.. so how are the files and scripts used to control the
building of the rpms outside the specs excluded from the conditions of
the GPL?
Maybe you have an idea for an open-source build system you would like to start here?

http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties

../C