Re: IRC Announcement

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 8:11 PM Nick Bebout <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are a Matrix user, we ask for your patience as we get bridges setup on the new network. If you were joined to rooms via the generic freenode bridge, you will need to leave them and rejoin the fedora rooms in matrix (which will be plumbed with the Libera channels)

Is there some official list of invite-style links to Fedora channels for Matrix users? Can be work-in-progress, but at least something. As a relatively new Matrix user, I have to say I'm utterly confused at the moment. I don't know how to distinguish a native Matrix room from a "portal room". I don't know how to distinguish whether a room is bridged or not, and where to. So basically I don't know whether to stay in the current rooms or leave, and how to find the "right rooms" which I should join.

If I intend to use Matrix exclusively, do I still need to register on libera.chat, in order to participate in Fedora rooms?

Has someone also encountered severe performance issues in certain rooms in Element (a room taking minutes of full CPU usage to load)? I saw it in the past rarely as well, but in the last few days I encountered it in at least half the rooms I was connected to.