Re: Just say "No!" and do not document GRUB2 anymore!

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:49 AM e <e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> sounds unintuitive, but he just speaks truth to power:
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/issue/352#comment-734630
>
> "I think the GRUB stuff is so esoteric, so conditional and overly complicated, that we shouldn't
> explain it. Explaining it will take a lot of resources, and then it has to be maintained or it
> goes stale again. So when in doubt, just say no and don't document it"
>
> Then goes on to make a strong argument!

      If you do not like it, don't use it. Campaign your replacement
of choice and see if you can make it get adopted and grub2 retired.
Campaigning against it being documented is pushing to have it cancel
cultured. There is nobody putting a gun on the head of those
documenting it; it is open source maintained by volunteers.