Re: RPMLint 2.0 released!

Dne 18. 05. 21 v 17:05 Susi Lehtola napsal(a):
On 5/18/21 8:13 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:10 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Awesome! What is the plan for Fedora? Shall we migrate to rpmlint 2 in
rawhide? I recall Mirek Suchý had some WIP Fedora config.

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpmlint/tree/main/configs/Fedora

there are still some FIXME, some things which are commented out and we should decide whether we want them or not.

Yes, please! The new rpmlint is *way* better than what we have now,
and the rpmlint-1.x branch is basically dead now. Nobody is working on
that codebase anymore.

True. But...

If that's the case, it might not be a bad idea to push the new version
in the stable releases, too, no?

The new rpmlint is different. Better, but different. Going through rawhide only is better.

It would be great if somebody provided Copr project for stable release.

Miroslav