Re: Upgrade to Fedora 34 broke the boot menu.

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 3:51 PM Björn Persson <Bjorn@rombobjörn.se> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
> > Does /etc/default/grub contain
> > GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=false
> > ?
>
> No, it says "GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true".
>
> > There have been two big GRUB changes and if you followed them without
> > any intervention or customizations, you get upgraded correctly. If you
> > make customizations or opt out, then those are pretty much not tested
> > by anyone. So you've probably discovered a bug.
>
> I've customized the kernel parameters to unhide the boot messages to be
> able to see what's happening when something goes wrong. I also need to
> fix various problems at times. I always struggle to figure out the
> proper way to update the boot menu or the initramfs when necessary. If
> the instructions I found at some point in the past weren't quite right,
> then I suppose I may have had some non-canonical configuration.
>
> > Recreate /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
>
> That file contains the outdated menu entries I described. Is there a
> way to recreate it from the Dracut shell, or with the filesystem
> temporarily mounted on another Fedora 32 system?

No, it takes over 600 spawned helpers by grub2-mkconfig to compute the
supreme magnificence of all potentialities and grandiose of the
universe to birth a custom shell script that is the grub.cfg for your
particular computer. And this means the system has to be assembled
already for the magnificence to be figured out.

Before you replace /boot/grub2/grub.cfg can you stat it? And at that
to the bug report?

--
Chris Murphy