Re: Self Introduction: Rémi Lauzier

On 5/2/21 11:21 PM, remilauzier via devel wrote:
Hello fellow fedoreans,

My name is Rémi Lauzier. He, Him. I am 29 years old. I am passionate about computer and video games.

I am the developer of a rust program call Rudo.<https://github.com/remilauzier/rudo <https://github.com/remilauzier/rudo>> As the name implied, it's a clone of Sudo written in rust. I have been approve to be the packager of Rudo and some of it's dependency. Thanks Robert-André Mauchin(eclipseo).

If you want to try it, you can use this copr <https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/remilauzier/rudo/ <https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/remilauzier/rudo/>> until i manage to push all the necessary package in fedora. Don't hesitate to comment the code or finds some bugs!

My introduction to linux was ten years ago when i buy my first laptop(Gateway) and try a few linux distro like ubuntu when windows 7 was to buggy on it. Gnome 2 and ubuntu wasn't my taste so opensuse with KDE manage to get me onboard of the linux train. Once the tumbleweed repo die and i need the most recent package for my radeon evergreen, i jump on cinnarch. Cinnamon was the perfect balance between kde and gnome. Then once cinnarch die, i jump on manjaro with gnome 3. It take me a few years to appreciate the gnome 3 ways. I have always hop between distro and desktop until i find a few that i love but fedora with gnome 3 was the best between stability and up to date software.

My coding introduction was not a success until a few months ago when everything click. I tries a few language over the years, like c(hate that one), c++(too complicated and huge), python(never like it's syntax), ruby(was perfect until they abandon desktop application), java(Was the first i make an entire demo program), coffeescript(Fun for a coding game on the web) but rust 2018 edition finally got me in. i was always interested with the functionality of rust. So i first tried before 1.0 and after and it was not really operational at that time. After not having thoughts about coding in a few years, i finnaly decide to retry with rust when some Sudo vulnerability was announced this years. And contrary to what I believe, i manage to produce something functional.

So i am really happy to play my little part in the vast fedora and rust community. Thanks everyone! Don't hesitate if you have question!

Welcome Rémy!