Re: Bacula 11.0.2-3 for Fedora 33?

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:17:49 -0400
"Steven A. Falco" <stevenfalco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This morning "dnf update" brought in bacula 11.0.2-3.  Previously I
> had been on 9.6.7-1.
>
> Apparently, the new bacula wants a different database version.  I
> have version 16, but it wants 1022.

I was surprised by this myself yesterday.

> I looked at the files in /usr/share/doc/bacula-director/updatedb but
> there doesn't seem to be anything to update the db from 16 to 1022.
>
> For now, I've rolled back to 9.6.7-1 and blocked further dnf updates
> of bacula.
>
> Are there any additional instructions on how to update the bacula
> database?

Normally I would use /usr/libexec/bacula/update_mysql_tables but I
found in this case that it didn't work because it was trying to drop an
index from a table that didn't already exist (the index, not the
table).

I did manage to complete the update by opening up a mysql session and
manually running the commands in the update script for upgrades from
version 16, which is several incremental upgrades to get to 1022. I
ignored the errors relating to commands for dropping indexes that
weren't there.

Beware that if you have a substantial "File" database that this process
will take quite a long time and require a little more free disk space
than taken by the existing bacula database, on top of the original
database.

My backups ran apparently successfully last night on the new version.
This morning I tested a restore that pulled in 14,637 files that came
from a mix of full and differential backups on the old version and the
latest incremental on the latest version. That worked OK.

Paul.