Can the BTRFS transparent compression mess with RPM's free space checks?

Hello!

It's a bit late to ask this question, but it emerged when I noticed that after upgrading my PC to Silverblue 34 and after compressing manually my files, and doing some snapshots, rpm-ostree began complaining about the absence of free space... While compsize reported that I used only 84G(o/io?) of my 249Go filesystem... I then realized that because of the compression and the snapshots, ostree thought that my disk was full. The same problem happened with gnome-disk. I reported both issues[1][2].

But, in the rpm-ostree issue, jlebon raised an important question: does this also happen with RPM? Because if it does, this may mess up quite a bit the next Fedora Release...

Note: I am not an expert in BTRFS or RPM, so, I'm sorry if this question is irrelevant.

[1]: https://github.com/coreos/rpm-ostree/issues/2761

[2]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-disk-utility/-/issues/211