American Fuzzy Lop (fuzzer) upstream fork

I'm packaging American Fuzzy Loop (AFL) a fuzzing tool in Fedora.

  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/american-fuzzy-lop

This is the upstream we're using:

  https://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/
  https://github.com/google/AFL

Upstream is dead.  -ish.  To be more precise there's some but not a
great deal of work going on at this upstream.  Original author Michal
Zalewski left Google a few years back.

However there is a fork called AFL++:

  https://aflplus.plus/
  https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus

This fork is certainly a lot more active, and has made some
significant improvments.

Debian has switched upstreams, or to be more precise (again) they have
added a new afl++ package, and created a transitional package to
replace the original afl which if I'm understanding things correctly
will replace afl with afl++ on upgrades:

  https://packages.debian.org/sid/afl

Anyway I'm wondering if we should switch upstreams.  I think if the
old upstream was truly dead then I wouldn't even bother asking.  It's
because old upstream is still making occasional releases that the
problem arises.  If we switch it's likely that we won't easily be able
to go back.

On the "pro-switch" side, Google themselves seem to have switched to
AFL++ for their hosted OSS-Fuzz service, if I'm reading this page right:

  https://google.github.io/oss-fuzz/

I would like to do this without re-reviewing, ie. just replace the
Source/URL and go.  If a full review is required then I'll let someone
else take over the effort.

Thoughts?

Rich.