tmt hint 00

Hi!

For those who still haven't heard: tmt [1] is now fully supported
in Packit [2], Fedora CI [3] and the RHEL CI. This means it is
possible to use the same concise and consistent config to enable
tests across all of them, more easily open source tests, share
test coverage across releases and run tests as early as possible.

In the coming weeks we'll be sharing short, bite-sized examples
demonstrating the tmt usage so that new users can get quickly
started and existing users do not miss various interesting and
useful features hidden under the hood.

Here we go with the first set of examples showing how to quickly
enable a simple smoke test for your component, assuming you are in
your project git repository:

    sudo dnf install -y tmt
    cd git/fedora/rpms/foo
    tmt init --template mini
    vim plans/example.fmf

Adjust the example plan to run the desired command:

    summary: Basic smoke test
    execute:
        script: foo --version

The very minimal config is really just two lines:

    execute:
        script: make test

Now submit the pull request and wait for the results:

    git add .
    git checkout -b smoke-test
    git commit -m "Enable a simple smoke test"
    git push fork -u smoke-test

Eager to learn more? Not patient enough to wait for the results
from the CI pipeline? Willing to safely execute tests from your
laptop right now? Check the rest of the first chapter of our brand
new guide to learn more [4].

psss...

P.S. Join the #tmt channel if you have any questions.

[1] https://tmt.readthedocs.io/
[2] https://packit.dev/docs/testing-farm/
[3] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/tmt/
[4] https://tmt.readthedocs.io/en/stable/guide.html#the-first-steps