Re: Update gating test is "failed" with no useful information

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 3:00 PM Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-667db9b546
>
> Some tests have failed, but as usual there seems to be no easy way to
> work out why.  For example the hivex test has this useless console
> output:
>
>   https://osci-jenkins-1.ci.fedoraproject.org/job/fedora-ci/job/rpminspect-pipeline/job/master/12835/console
>
> The closest thing to an error message in all that seems to be:
>
>   ERROR: There was an infrastructure failure.
>
> The virt-top test has failed with "ABSENT" and no further information
> at all.  (I actually ran the virt-top test locally and it's fine.)
>
> Other tests are kind of random.  I mean, what does this mean?
>
> https://osci-jenkins-1.ci.fedoraproject.org/job/fedora-ci/job/rpminspect-pipeline/job/master/12861/testReport/(root)/tests/
>
> Stuff like:
>
>   1) File /usr/lib64/ocaml/cmdliner/cmdliner.a changed content on x86_64.
>
> Amazing!  The package was rebuilt, what did you expect?
>
> Ideally I'd like to skip all this and tell it to put the update out.

If you think the test failures are all due to infrastructure problems
or false positives, you should be able to waive the gating tests:

$ bodhi updates waive FEDORA-2021-667db9b546 "failed gating tests are
false positives"

or something like that.

Fabio