Re: Fedora's GPG key in DNS(SEC)

Dne 12. 02. 21 v 20:22 Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
All Fedora's GPG key - starting with Fedora 27 - are now stored in fedoraproject.org DNS record and can be verified using DNSSEC.

Why? How it can be used? That is long story and you can read about it in my blog entry:
    http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2021/02/11/verify_package_gpg_signature_using_dnssec/index.html

Few last minutes notes here:
 - there are still some gotchas which should be fixed. But enough code is already in production - you can play with it now. Relevant issues are linked in the blog post.  - the DNF team is migrating their code to libdnf, I do not have any guarantee when this piece of code will be migrating - so we are far from enabling this by default.

Comments are welcomed.

Does somebody knows where is the source for:
  https://getfedora.org/security/
? I want to submit PR with information that these keys are in DNS as well, but I have no idea where to go.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager, Community Packaging Tools, #brno, #fedora-buildsys