Re: Fedora 33 Beta blocker status email #1

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 02:02:16AM +0100, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Ben Cotton wrote:
> > 2. kde-settings — KDE needs to pick up F34 backgrounds — NEW
> > ACTION: kde-settings maintainers to adopt F34 backgrounds
>
> Oh, it's Groundhog Day, again?
>
> Can we PLEASE find a process for the backgrounds which does NOT include
> having this beta blocker open at each and every beta freeze?

The Fedora 34 background just went in, but the Fedora 35 background should
land soon. The goal is to shift forward so the new backgrounds to actually
land in Rawhide at around the time that Rawhide "becomes" the next release
— so around August 10th this year for Fedora 36.

However, there still needs to be an update in KDE, right? And it'd still be
a blocker, although ideally never get to the point where it _matters_ that
it's a blocker. Or, maybe there is something that can be done in KDE to
automatically pick up the latest?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>