Re: Fedora 34 Change: Deprecate python-mock (Self-Contained change proposal)

Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 09. 02. 21 1:54, Robbie Harwood wrote:
>> Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>
>>> but doing this downstream only was never my intention. I am the
>>> change owner.
>>
>> You have already replied to one of the PRs
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-requests-gssapi/pull-request/1
>> to comment that it couldn't be merged.  It follows the
>> downstream-only sed approach, you'll note.
>
> I have commented this PR but I have not even seen the diff yet.  If
> I've seen it, I'd ask whether it can be proposed upstream as well.
> I'd ask that whether or not it is applied as a sed or patch (or any
> other way).
>
> Also note that it is a Pull Request, not a provenpackager mass pushing
> changes.

Indeed, one step closer to doing this right :)

> The PR is actually driven by a RHEL 9 bugzilla because the python3-mock package
> is marked as unwanted in https://github.com/minimization/content-resolver-input

This continues to be Fedora, not RHEL.  I don't think python3-mock
should stay, but it's not justification *for Fedora*.

> As I've already said in my first reply to you in January:
>
>> Disclaimer: The package is listed as unwanted in ELN (so the RHEL
>> maintainers might get some internal spam about dropping the
>> dependency). If they will be interested, I might end up sending a
>> Fedora PR for such packages.
>
> Please stop accusing me of ill intention.

To my knowledge, I have only stated facts.  To be clear, I do not
believe you have ill intention - I believe we disagree, and aren't
communicating well.

Thanks,
--Robbie