Re: Fedora 34 Change: Deprecate python-mock (Self-Contained change proposal)

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 07:54:00PM -0500, Robbie Harwood wrote:
> Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Turns out this is indeed what they meant.  I would like to reiterate
> >> my concern that this has no mechanism to get the changes back into
> >> upstreams: it's just Fedora deviating further from the rest of the
> >> world, not leading the charge.
> >
> > Not sure who you mean by "them" in this case,
>
> Change authors.  So, you.
>
> > but doing this downstream only was never my intention. I am the change
> > owner.
>
> You have already replied to one of the PRs
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-requests-gssapi/pull-request/1
> to comment that it couldn't be merged.  It follows the downstream-only
> sed approach, you'll note.

So... let me get this straight: the Change Owners found outdated code in your
package, created a page to describe the issue in detail, and opened a pull request
to tell you exactly how you can update the code. And now you are pissed that
they didn't provide the two line diff in the the format that you like.
That's really a way to show appreciation of other people helping with your packages.

Zbyszek