Re: Backwards-incompatible RPM format change in Fedora 34?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 03:05:15PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I don't think this is a "mockery" of the change process, I think it's a
> case where early testing caught issues before the item landed.
>
> Anyhow, I accept full blame, please send your pitchforks and torches my
> way...

I think it's now obvious that there needs to be a way to test things
like this.

But I'm bothered by calling this 'early testing'. The change has not
been approved, and continues to collect what look to me like some very
valid questions about its design and usefulness. Making a change like
this should never happen.

We got lucky this time, the change didn't hit everyone, and can be
easily reverted. I guess what I want to say is please be more careful :)

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart