Re: dbus-broker and dbus-daemon in the default install

Hi,

On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 09:59 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
Problem is that multiseat doesn't work when dbus-broker is used. See
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/at-spi2-core/-/commit/260a4414ac26cc5e91dc56b6a10b5dda3dae22cd
and:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdm/-/commit/febeb9a9295fcd47a63c8ccdb41b88387acf8aac
It requires work in gdm to fix this, and gdm is not the easiest
software to hack on.

Yeah, no one wants this. The trouble is that GDM might need to run
multiple concurrent greeter sessions. And, there are three ways to get
that to work:
 1. Use dynamic users: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdm/-/issues/553
    This would be the best thing.
 2. dbus-run-session
 3. Launch separate systemd user instances with separate
    XDG_RUNTIME_DIRs nested inside the session scope.

And really, option 1. is what we want and option 2. is what we are
stuck with for now.

Benjamin