Re: Artifacts of failed builds for debugging

Thanks for the tips. I eventually narrowed errors to just NUMA builders,
and confirmed that once borrowed multicore machine from RH.

Turned out the problem is internal to BIND only, reported under MR [1].
It is problematic to hide details on kyua unit testing. Unit tests are
built using cmocka and can print nice output. Unfortunately it uses kyua
to group multiple results and that tool hides any details. Without easy
way to provide them. Not sure which tool should be updated, kyua is the
best candidate for more detailed output.

It should be always easy to make building more verbose, especially in
such weird errors.

Thanks for help.

1. https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/merge_requests/4582

On 1/19/21 5:32 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> It is tedious, but you can try gdb in batch mode, e.g.:
>
> ~~~
> gdb /usr/bin/ruby-mri -batch \
>   -ex 'set breakpoint pending on' \
>   -ex 'r -Ilib:test -e '\''Dir.glob %|./test/**/*_test.rb|,
> &method(:require)'\'' -- -v' \
>   -ex 'bt full' \
>   -ex c \
>   -ex 'bt full' \
>   -ex quit
> ~~~
>
> (and of course modify this to fit your use case).
>

> Vít
>

> Dne 18. 01. 21 v 23:22 Petr Menšík napsal(a):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to build new bind on Rawhide, but I suddenly get quite high
>> rate of failures during builds. Strange is the build is always
>> successful, when I try fedpkg mockbuild on my machine.
>>
>> I tried several tries [1][2][3] and scratch builds fail often. Even
>> production builds fail, but I think they haven't failed until recently.
>> I were unable to reproduce it at least once in mockbuild.
>>
>> Is it possible to record crashes during builds using abrt or faf? Is
>> there way to obtain more details of failed builds? Is there anything
>> similar to mockbuild --no-cleanup-after, which could help me identify
>> the cause?
>>
>> Do you have any hints? I tried deleting /var/lib/mock and
>> /var/cache/mock, but that haven't changed anything. COPR [4] haven't
>> failed also.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Petr
>>
>> 1. https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=59974310
>> 2. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=59985548
>> 3. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=59985586
>> 4.
>> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pemensik/bind-9.16/build/1886936/

Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/
email: pemensik@xxxxxxxxxx
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB