Self Introduction: Matthew Almond

Hi everyone,

Some background on me: I've been working with Linux since 1995 in a
variety of capacities. I'm fascinated by file systems, configuration
and system management technologies.

I'm the author of RPMCoW[1]. This was recently accepted for Fedora 34.
I aim to provide the new features first as patches to rpm[2] and
librepo[3] along with a new package dnf-plugin-cow[4] which I will
submit shortly. Given the deadlines for Fedora 34, I expect to iterate
the patches against the upstream sources[5][6] in parallel with the
forks/PRs on the package sources.

I'm presenting (virtually) this work at CentOS Dojo @ FOSDEM 2021[7]. I
anticipate the talk will be recorded. To date my best explanations have
been facilitated by use of diagrams and simple animation. I expect to
eventually write a white paper on this topic, but as time is a precious
resource, I am inclined to focus on making this available to all first.

I am excited to finally contribute back to the community which has
given so much. Cheers!

- Matthew

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RPMCoW
[2] https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/malmond/rpms/rpm