Re: Fedora 34 Change: Localization measurement and tooling (Self-Contained Change proposal)

Weblate is a translation platform.
Using it to display translations of projects who did not choose to be part of our translation would be equivalent to fork what upstream do.

Ubuntu does it with launchpad, but the limit between upstream work and distribution work isn't clear enough.
Translators do some work in launchpad but the translation don't go upstream automatically (which means most of the time it never goes upstream).

This would probably be really confusing for end-users and Fedora community would find it incompatible with Fedora values.

In addition, Weblate is a great tool, but really complex and moving quite fast.
We do share technical components (translate toolkit and language lists), but more won't make sense for our usecase.