Re: cmake FTBFS in rawhide

The failing test is multi-threaded compression with xz (LZMA), which is notoriously memory-hungry, and it is failing because it cannot allocate enough memory. In the success example, the i686 VM has six cores (see hw_info.log), while in the failure example, the i686 VM has 48 cores, so it is trying to allocate eight times as much memory, even though both machines have similar amounts of RAM. I think that explains it adequately. Presumably scratch builds just happen to be assigned to machines with more cores at the moment.

I think you will need to either skip the multi-threaded TXZ test, or bound its memory requirements by patching it to use some fixed value for CPACK_ARCHIVE_THREADS instead of 0. See https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/cpack_gen/archive.html#variables-used-by-cpack-archive-generator.