i3 – State of the SIG, January 2021

Hi folks, following up on our postponed meeting for today, this is a
short recap of progress on the Fedora i3 Spin as we pick back up after
the new year.

Highlights:

* Status update on ISO builds
* Help wanted with i3 Spin release prep
* i3 package group
* Roadmap and other resources

Full details below.

~jwf

== Status update on ISO builds

Kickstarts are mostly complete. Some decisions are still pending[1], but
these will be finalized before the Completion Deadline (testable)[2] on
2021-02-09.

Next step is to coordinate with RelEng by submitting a Pull Request to
the fedora-kickstarts repo. We hope to have this in advance of the
Completion Deadline so we can organize a Test Day event with the QA team
using officially-built ISOs.

== Help wanted with i3 Spin release prep

The i3 SIG is looking for help to prepare for the F34 release. Two good
issues for newcomers are to help us take screenshots[3] and write an
elevator pitch[4] of the Spin. Th
ese will be used on the Fedora Spins
website[5].

We are also looking for help with workflows to release our kickstarts
and submit them downstream to the fedora-kickstarts[6] repo. For more
info, see the i3 SIG ticket[7].

== i3 package group

Additionally, we are also working on a new package group to land in time
for the Software String Freeze on 2021-01-26. A list of proposed
packages can be found in the i3 SIG documentation[8].

== Roadmap and other resources

Follow the progress of the Fedora i3 Spin on our Pagure Roadmap[9].
Currently we are on track for Fedora 34, but we could always use help
from enthusiastic early adopters to help us prep for release day.

That's all! We'll use this email recap as a starting point on our next
text meeting on 19 January 2020 at 16:00 UTC in #fedora-i3 /
#fedora-i3:matrix.org.

[1]  https://pagure.io/i3-sig/Fedora-i3-Spin/issue/26
[2]  https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-34/f-34-key-tasks.html
[3]  htt
ps://pagure.io/i3-sig/Fedora-i3-Spin/issue/30
[4]  https://pagure.io/i3-sig/Fedora-i3-Spin/issue/31
[5]  https://spins.fedoraproject.org/
[6]  https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts
[7]  https://pagure.io/i3-sig/Fedora-i3-Spin/issue/29