Re: Fedora 34 Change: GitRepos-master-to-main (Self-Contained Change)

On Tue, 2021-01-05 at 10:09 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 12:26:45PM +0100, Tomas Tomecek wrote:
> > What's the progress on this change? Is it going to land in one
> > week? I
>
> For src.fedoraproject.org yes. It's planned for next week.
> (some pagure.io projects we control should go tomorrow (Phase1))

> > just want to be sure that our tooling is ready and works with this
> > change since we hardcode "fedora-master" in many places.

for example fedpkg
if release == 'master':
   return 'rawhide'

https://pagure.io/fedpkg/blob/master/f/fedpkg/__init__.py#_172
https://pagure.io/fedpkg/blob/master/f/fedpkg/__init__.py#_206
https://pagure.io/fedpkg/blob/master/f/fedpkg/__init__.py#_213

> [...]

> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/pdc/adjust-eol-all.py
> > > adjust-eol-all.py]
> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/check-unretirement.py
> > > check-unretirement.py]
> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/mass-rebuild-special.py
> > > mass-rebuild-special.py]
> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/need-rebuild.py
> > > need-rebuild.py]
> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/distgit-branch-unused.py
> > > distgit-branch-unused.py]
> > >    [
> > > https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/create-new-release-branches.py
> > > create-new-release-branches.py]
> > >
> > > * Policies and guidelines: N/A
> > >
> > > * Trademark approval: N/A
> > >
> > > * Alignment with Objectives:
> > >

> > > == Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
> > >
> > > Users with old checkouts will need to update their git
> > > configuration
> > > or re-clone repositories that have changed before they can see
> > > any new
> > > changes.
> > >
> > > Repos used to build content for docs.fedoraproject.org can change
> > > the
> > > default git branch, but the Antora module version (in
> > > `antora.yml`)
> > > should remain `master` pending support for alternate
> > > "unversioned"
> > > versions upstream.
> > >

> > > == How To Test ==
> > >
> > > # git clone <one of the listed repositories>
> > > # cd <repositoryname>
> > > # git branch
> > >
> > > should return: `* main`
> > >

> > > == User Experience ==
> > >
> > > Users and developers will see more welcoming language and that
> > > the
> > > fedora project expended effort to be more welcoming to them.
> > >

> > > == Dependencies ==
> > >
> > > none
> > >

> > > == Contingency Plan ==
> > >
> > > * Contingency mechanism: Revert repositories, scripts, and docs
> > > back
> > > to the unwelcoming 'master'
> > > * Contingency date: 2020-01-13
> > >

> > > == Documentation ==
> > >
> > > A short guide on how to change this for pagure.io will be
> > > produced.
> > >

> > > == Release Notes ==
> > >
> > > Many git repositories used to create Fedora releases were moved
> > > to use
> > > a 'main' branch instead of a 'master' branch. The Fedora Project
> > > envisions a world where everyone benefits from free and open
> > > source
> > > software built by inclusive, welcoming, and open-minded
> > > communities.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Ben Cotton
> > > He / Him / His
> > > Senior Program Manager, Fedora & CentOS Stream

Sérgio M. B.