Re: Guidance on new package

Thanks Andy, that's helpful.

Re: Matthew, at this point I only need one spec file version per Fedora/CentOS/RHEL version (mostly depends on which version of gcc is installed in the target distro), IOW it's totally fine for only one version to be available.

With this package in the past they made a backwards incompatible change and major version bump that would break a lot of scripts.  If that should happen again it *may* be a case where having a compat package or something makes sense.  It's nothing like openssl was lol, but something I'm thinking about.

It would be fairly trivial to just keep a single version in Fedora proper and then provide compat packages in a COPR repo too for the corner cases that might exist.

Ben

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.