Re: bundled libraries

On 24/12/20 15:24, Didier Fabert wrote:
Hi,

It's for netdata package and specifically for the cloud registration feature. So netdata is working fine without this feature but a lot of users claim this feature.

All bundled libs are static, so there is no additional .so file installed (neither fedora nor epel repos).

We're talking about libwebsockets (min 3.2.2 and epel provides 3.0.1) and a "patched" version of mosquitto

For fedora package, it's working with libwebsockets from system, but not mosquitto.

For epel, I have to use bundled libs (for both) otherwise, it's not working.

Best Regards,

Didier FABERT.

In my opinion, using bundled libraries in a private directory is the best choice now, both in Fedora and EPEL. Different patched/bundled libraries could be frequently used.

--
---
Antonio Trande