Re: Fedora 34 Change: Enable systemd-oomd by default for all variants (System-Wide Change)

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm, Tom Seewald <tseewald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How will this work on headless systems like Fedora Server, Atomic, and CoreOS? Will it be expected that users manually create their own cgroups?

Either that, or don't use too much memory, yes. I assume SIGKILL is probably at least somewhat better than being unable to reboot your server because your terminal is no longer responsive, right?

Well, I think you exposed the flaw in my argument. I say that on servers, it's OK to kill everything rather than freeze, but killing the entire desktop is pretty clearly not OK on desktops. So maybe it's not OK on servers, either. I have no strong opinion here.