Re: Fedora 34 Change: Enable spec file preprocessing (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 12/18/20 1:19 AM, clime wrote:
I'd very much like to understand the impact of this on the following:

1) Provenpackagers doing mass spec changes/updates.
If the mass spec change/update doesn't involve an rpkg macro, then
there is no difference.

I don't understand how there is no difference. The spec "bare" spec file is no longer there. How do I parse it? How do I grep it? How do I sed it?

2) Provenpackagers and/or RelEngs doing (targeted) mass rebuilds.
There should be no impact here. If the source git repo stays the same,
then the same srpm as for a previous build will be produced.

I don't understand you answer. What does this have to do with "source git repo stays the same" and "same srpm"? The release must be bumped, they are not the same.

Thanks for the other answers.

--
Miro Hrončok