Re: Proposal: drop "Test installation media" from live media

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 01:24:58AM -0500, przemek klosowski via devel wrote:

...snip...

> I see the need to self-validate against known-good images/repos, either by
> checking online, or by leveraging the secure boot, somehow, Unfortunately I
> can't think of a foolproof and transparent way of doing it. As it is, I
> always try to google the key IDs/fingerprints and make sure that they
> correspond to legit package signing keys, but it's all so manual.

Yeah, there has to be an anchor for your trust. Right now that is "I
trust the certificate authority that issued fedoraproject.org's cert".

There has been discussion about doing something with the secure boot
chain of trust, which would shift it to "I trust the people who made my
pc".

It's not a easy problem. Just look at bug 998. ;(

kevin