Re: koji buildsystem changes

Dne 14. 12. 20 v 11:22 Panu Matilainen napsal(a):

> When I started working on rpm back in 2007, landing new features to rpm meant looking 5+ years in the horizon to have
> said feature running on a released RHEL running in the builder so people could start trying it out on rawhide, which
> meant that by then it was far, far too late to address any of the inevitable design flaws you get when doing something
> For me this is a career-long dream come true. THANK YOU for everybody in the involved in making it happen, one step at a
> time, over the years!

Nice to hear :)

But it is important to know that as long as bootstrap is big step, there is still hidden caveat: When any RPM or DNF
package or any package they requires use some nice fancy feature which host's rpm does not recognize, then the bootstrap
will fail anyway. This is solved by bootstrap image feature
  https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki/Feature-container-for-bootstrap
which is still fresh feature - just one year old :) And so far not enabled in Koji.

When *this* will be enabled in Koji, we can finally boost the RPM development to levels previously unimaginable. :)

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys