Re: koji buildsystem changes

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 08:42:53PM -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 3:22 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Finally releng is looking at establishing a sidetag cleanup policy.
> > A reminder that sidetags should be short lived and only created when
> > needed. koji must generate buildroot repos for every single sidetag.
> > ( You can list all your sidetags with 'fedpkg list-side-tags --mine' )
>
> On this page:
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/rawhide-gating/multi-builds/
>
> there is a box marked "Important" that says:
>
> "If you have created a side-tag and have no use for it (and did not
> create an update for it), please remove it so it does consume
> resources on the build infrastructure. You can simply remove side-tags
> you have created using fedpkg remove-side-tag and you can list your
> side tags using fedpkg list-side-tags --user=<username>."
>
> The parenthetical remark in the first sentence says to me that if I
> have created an update from a side tag, that I should not remove the
> side tag.  Is that correct?  Indeed, if I run fedpkg list-side-tags, I
> see 5, when in fact every side tag that I have created has been
> merged.  Should I delete all of those?  I created updates for each one
> of them.

Normally side-tags that went through bodhi should be cleaned up by bodhi, if
they have not been you can clean them manually without problem.
The issue this text was trying to prevent was the case where someone builds one
or more packages in their side-tag and delete said side-tag before submitting
the builds as an update, thus effectively untagging the builds from all tags and
making them available to be picked up by koji's garbage collection.

Pierre