Re: f33: systemd-resolved hang on ip query

On 12/10/20 7:16 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:

This again leads to a required architecture change. We really need to
have a captive portal namespace, that handles all of this while the
applications still consider the network is down. Once the captive
portal has passed and our internet link is "clean", should this be
bridged into the regular network namespace so applications see the
network as "active". Any state of DNS/browser that was used inside
the captive portal namespace is then destroyed (it is untrusted and
unverifiable data)

That is how Android manages captive portals.
Whoever created this captive portals concept should be slapped
each day for ever, but that's where the world has gone.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it