Re: Nothing provides libgnat-10.so()(64bit)

Jeff Law wrote:
> On 12/7/20 11:07 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 06:29:51PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> >> Hello. Apparently, many packages in rawhide require libgnat-10.so()(64bit):
> > I'm not a provenpackager, so I'm afraid I can't do that myself.
> > Perhaps the maintainers can just rebuild them themselves?
> And note that some of these are going to require fixes to the packages
> themselves as the Ada front-end changed and some of them no longer
> build.  IIRC zlib and templates_parser are the most important to get
> rebuilt and I think those "just work".
>
> I'll try to get those rebuilt so that the downstream things have a
> better chance of working :-)

I'm rebuilding my packages now. Generally speaking, if someone who is
involved in GCC maintenance, and also has the necessary privileges,
would rebuild the Ada packages when GCC is upgraded, that would be
helpful.

I can also set off the rebuilds myself, but it really helps to be
notified when it's time. Some years I haven't noticed when a new GCC
landed in Rawhide, until the following mass rebuild started reporting
failures (because mass rebuilds aren't done in dependency order).

Long ago I used to get email notifications about uninstallable
packages. That was better than not being notified, but one email per
package was a little unnecessary. A single email would suffice.

This time I got eight separate Bugzilla issues, which all essentially
just served as notification that GCC has been upgraded, and each one
needs to be closed manually. That's manageable as long as the number of
Ada packages is small, but it still feels like unnecessary work.

Of course, if one of my packages is unbuildable (and it's not just
because its dependencies haven't been rebuilt yet), notify me and I'll
look into it. For that purpose a bug report in Bugzilla is appropriate.

Björn Persson