Re: Mass spec file change: Adding BuildRequires: make

On 11/30/20 2:06 PM, Tom Stellard wrote:
Hi,

As part of the f34 change request[1] for removing make from the buildroot, I will be doing a mass update of packages[2] to add BuildRequires: make where it is needed.

If you are a package maintainer and would prefer to update your packages on your own, please do so before Dec 14, which is when I will begin doing the mass update.

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback. It seems like there is consensus now that packages that use %cmake_build and %cmake_install but never invoke make directly should not have to BuildRequire: make, so I've updated my scripts to ignore those packages.

I have also eliminated some (but not all) of the false positives that have been reported on the list. I'm still working on getting rid of the rest of them.

I've updated the package list now[2] to reflect the %cmake_build change,
and I will continue to update this at least once per day to account for package updates in Fedora.

There is still a week left before I start the updates, so please continue to give feedback.

Thanks,
Tom

I will be doing the updates in batches, so that if there is a mistake the impact will be limited.  Here is the rough schedule of the changes:

Dec 14: Update first 50 packages.
Dec 16: Next 1000.
Dec 18: Next 1000.
Jan 4:  Next 1000.
Jan 5:  Next 1000.
Jan 6:  Next 1000.
Jan 7:  Next 1000.
Jan 8:  Rest of packages.

The deadline for completing these updates is the start of the f34 mass rebuild (Jan 20).

Thanks,
Tom

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Remove_make_from_BuildRoot
[2] https://fedorapeople.org/~tstellar/needs_br_make_packages.txt